successful across industries.
Modern life would be unthinkable without a functioning technical infrastructure. Whether we ride our bike to go shopping, travel to our holiday destination by aeroplane, or take the train to our next appointment, the quality of the infrastructure is of great importance for the quality of life of its users. Continuous modernisation and development of the transit infrastructure, whether rail, road, airways or waterways, are therefore among the foremost responsibilities of modern societies.
Infrastructure projects are not only highly individual and complex but also numerous. The organisations in charge of infrastructure construction, typically government agencies, frequently manage hundreds or even thousands of concurrent projects. In most cases they are also responsible for the operation of thousands of assets once a construction project has been completed
We help our clients implement a consistent information management system that allows them to synchronise the many projects they oversee while driving standardisation. Complexities can become manageable by introducing model and data-based procedures that simplify processes. For several years we have been supporting organisations which provide state-of-the-art, highly functional infrastructure assets. We help them handle project-specific as well as cross-organisational issues and implement advanced, future-ready approaches to asset construction and operation.
Apart from BIM project implementation, model-based quality assurance of project results and BIM process control, our past projects involved the following challenges:
- How does integration between GIS and BIM function, and what are the resulting requirements?
- How can various interfaces from building construction and infrastructure be co-ordinated effectively?
- What model-based challenges must be accounted for in linear construction projects?
- How can the ‘virtual twin’ of a project be used to communicate with the general public?
- How can repeating linear construction projects (such as traffic stations) be standardised using BIM?
- How can the volume and quantity risk be determined and controlled using a model?
- DB Netz, SBB CFF FFS, BMW Group. DB AG